RE: ports in the clear...

>>	I understand that there are folks who want to count packets.
>> However, the _purpose_ of using IPsec is to make it difficult for an
>> adversary to know what is going on.  If a user has turned on IPsec for his
>> traffic, its because the user does not want this information in the clear,
>> else the user would have used upper-layer security services instead of
>> IPsec.

If bean counters want to count traffic, they could always use encrypting
firewalls.  I agree with Ran; don't comprimise the security of the protocol
for bean counters (which is the only "real" argument I've seen).

Brad

--
Brad Wilson, Crucial Software     crucial@ix.netcom.com    +1 (810) 620-9803
Custom software engineering services for Microsoft Windows NT and Windows 95