Re: Routing Header info of IPng against traffic analysis?

Ran Atkinson writes:
> In article <199604221819.OAA18138@jekyll.piermont.com> Perry wrote:
> >Stopping traffic analysis is fairly complicated and beyond the scope
> >of the IPSec work...
>
> It is not clear to me that it is feasible to prevent traffic analysis
> anywhere above the link layer.

I tend to agree that you need link opacity to do serious traffic
analysis prevention, although I believe you could do partial work with
cover traffic and such. However, what we are talking about is now a
very complicated subject for research, not something for this working
group to be doing. I believe you and I are in violent agreement on
this.

Perry