Re: UUNET Network Encryption Patents

>It has been brought to my attention that UUNET Technologies has a pair of
>patents covering network encryption. The patents are very broad, and
>basically cover anything that selectively encrypts datagrams based on
>source/destination information. This would automatically cover all
>implementations of the IPsec protocols.
>
>UUNET's legal staff have stated their intent to begin actively pursuing
>these patents, beginning this summer. It is my understanding that their
>licensing terms are quite reasonable. However, this patent has (obvious)
>implications for everyone here, and so I bring it to your attention.

would some kind member of the list be able to check into this and get
some more detailed information as to the ramifications of this protocol
in light of these patents?

regards,
Jack
Jack De Winter - Wildbear Consulting, Inc.
(519) 576-3873

Lacroix: Well, I must be the devil to you.
Nicolah: No, not the devil Lacroix.
Lacroix: What then?
Nicolah: My closest friend.
	In Memorium - Forever Knight, "Last Knight", Last Words.