Re: Auto-forward: Re: Network Layer Encryption History and Prior Art

I was the last project leader for IPLI and I still have one in my office.
(Kind of booring without a mate - or a pair of KG-84s !)
Many of the IPLI reports were unclassified FOUO and delivered to (D)ARPA.
Would any of these constitute "public" documents for the purposes of
establishing prior art ?  If so, then perhaps DARPA would consent
to release some or all ?

John Lowry

At 06:27 AM 6/19/96 -0700, Jack Haverty wrote:
>Actually, it started even before that.  The PLI (Private Line Interface),
>documented as an appendix in BBN Report 1822 (How to Connect a Host to an
>IMP), was the predecessor to the IPLI (which was the version that had to
>work on the Internet with TCP/IP as it evolved from the Arpanet with the
>original NCP protocol).
>
>/Jack

John Lowry
jlowry@bbn.com