Re: Network Layer Encryption History and Prior Art

At 12:49 AM 6/19/96 -0700, John Gilmore wrote:
>> John (Gilmore), is this what you were looking for in terms of real Prior
>> Art to take to Rick Adams, so he'll drop the patent claims?
>
>Nope, these are *pointers to* prior art.  Somebody (who understand
>patentese) needs to read the patents, and then read the actual
>published materials that Paul is mentioning.

sounds like some work for one of the vendor's patent lawyers.  If this were
an auto patent problem, I would know whoto take it to.  But I do not think
that Chrysler can lend a hand in this one...

BTW, we do these things all of the time.  Many we win, some we cross
license, and some we loose in court (like intermitent wiper systems :).
Your industry is only beginning to learn this technique.

Robert Moskowitz
Chrysler Corporation
(810) 758-8212