IPSEC Implementation Availability Announcement

The NIST/NSA IPSEC implementation is now available for distribution.
The software is distributed on an "AS IS" basis.  There is no implied
warranty on part of the US Government.

If you would like to obtain a copy, please notify me. I will fax our
release form. An appropriate representative from your company must
sign it, and return it to me. The form states that the software was
developed as a research project and is given to you "AS IS". Thus,
the software is not considered Government-Furnished Equipment (GFE)
or cannot be used as justification for a cost extension to any
US Government contract. You may re-distributed the software so long
as the ackownledgement and the software's notice appears.

The prototype contains DES CBC, MD5, and SHA source code.  Department
of Commerce and State Department export control laws apply and hence
the prototype may only be distributed within the US.

Developer's Profile:

Name of Implementation:  NIST/NSA IPSEC Prototype
Security Protocols:      ESP (RFC1827), AH (RFC1826)
Security Transforms:     ESP-DES (RFC1829), AH-MD5 (RFC1828), AH-HMAC-MD5,
                         AH-HMAC-SHA
Key Management:          Manual and (soon) automated via PF_SADB interface
Platforms:               BSD/OS, NetBSD, FreeBSD, DTOS
Notes:                   Prototype development on-going
                         Host Keying only
Lineage of Code:         Developed by NIST and NSA.
Location of Source Code: Contact Michael Oehler (see below).
Point of Contact:        Rob Glenn,  Rob.Glenn@nist.gov,
                         Michael Oehler,  mjo@tycho.ncsc.mil

Michael Oehler
Atn: R23 INFOSEC Research and Development
9800 Savage Road
Fort George Meade, Maryland 20755-6534

V: (301) 688-0849
F: (301) 688-0255