Re: DNSSEC for IPSEC?

> There is an issue. Storing the private key off-line is not
> a deterrent: the mischievous person simply generates a
> new key pair and re-signs the zone.

Actually, this doesn't work.  The problem is that the parent zone
needs to have signed the zone's key.  So, I couldn't go and forge
a zone key for MIT.EDU, because the MIT.EDU key needs to be signed
by the EDU key, which in turn needs to be signed by the root key.

So, you can't forge a key without forging the whole hierarchy.

-derek

Follow-Ups: References: