Securing 5% of the Internet against Wiretapping by Christmas

I've been working on a project in secret for a few months, and now am
talking about it with everyone so that we can all help it along.

Want all the Internet traffic between you and every other
privacy-conscious site on the net, worldwide, to automatically be
encrypted using Triple-DES, RSA, and Diffie-Hellman?  Without changing
your hardware or software, except to stick a Linux PC on your network,
or install a new version of Linux on your laptop?  Want it all by
Christmas?  Then check out

	http://www.cygnus.com/~gnu/swan.html

[The two main differences in focus between my effort and the general IPSEC
effort are:

	*  Do opportunistic encryption to get the "fax effect", reduce
	   the network administration workload, and raise the general
	   level of privacy on the Internet (rather than just in virtual
	   private networks).

	*  Do it AND DEPLOY IT this year.  Governments are rushing to
	   outlaw it.  Louis Freeh said as much in his Congressional
	   testimony last week.  We need a user base who'll object to
	   having it taken away.  It's also a lot easier to do the
	   design work in the open, rather than as a hunted criminal
	   or expatriate.  Making it happen in the real network, now,
	   will be a powerful force for making the right thing happen
	   in the political realm.

  -- John Gilmore
     An equal opportunistic encryptor]