Re: Stream Cipher Transform -- revisited

> 3) For now, regardless of our personal views, exportability of a
> solution is very important.  It seems likely that ciphers may be more
> generally exportable and having more exportable options would appear
> to be win.

The United States does not allow exporting anything that a determined
college kid could not break.  This level of (in)security is not
acceptable.

In some cases, the United States allows export if the effort to break
the encryption is not greater for themselves than what a determined
college kid could break.  While this may provide somewhat more
protection against non-USG attackers, this is not acceptable for the
rest of the world.

    Tatu