Re: Question on TCP MSS with repsect to IPSEC

This looks obviously correct, but consider RFC1122 section 4.2.2.6.
The sender of a TCP segment must subtract the length of the IP and
TCP options that it intends to send from the MSS advertised by the
remote node.  (I caught one vendor in error this year on this point.)
In light of this, I think the opposite choice should be correct: The
sender of a packet with AH and/or ESP headers must subtract the sizes
of those headers from the remote node's MSS.

Besides, I'm not convinced that the TCP on the other end will always
and everywhere be able to know in advance the size of the AH+ESP
headers which your end will use for each packet.
Matt Crawford          crawdad@fnal.gov          Fermilab
  PGP: D5 27 83 7A 25 25 7D FB  09 3C BA 33 71 C4 DA 6A
Naganand Doraswamy: