Re: PF_KEY Key Management API

> Hello, folks.

Hi!

> Where could I find a document that describes the  "PF_KEY Key Management
> API"? The API is supported by the NRL IPSec implementation. In my course of
> designing a key management API for Mobile IP, I would like to learn from its
> design.

The man pages in the NRL distribution have a section for PF_KEY.  And there's
also source.  :)

A higher-level view is available in a recent paper that appeared in INET'96.
It is entitled "A Socket-Based Key Management API" written by me, Ran
Atkinson, and Bao Phan.  It should be available RSN as PostScript at some web
site, if you can't get the proceedings for INET'96.

--
Daniel L. McDonald | Mail: danmcd@eng.sun.com   Phone: (415) 786-6815        +
Software Engineer  | *** My opinions aren't necessarily Sun's opinions! ***  |