I-D ACTION:draft-thayer-seccomp-00.txt

I would like to find out if anyone else has thought about what format would
be needed to represent compressed data within an IPSEC datastream.  I've
written up something (see attached) per suggestions I received at the
Montreal IETF.

>To: IETF-Announce:;
>Sender: ietf-announce-request@ietf.org
>From: Internet-Drafts@ietf.org
>Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-thayer-seccomp-00.txt
>Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 10:04:32 -0400

> directories.
>
>       Title     : Compression Payload for Use with IP Security
>       Author(s) : R. Thayer
>       Filename  : draft-thayer-seccomp-00.txt
>       Pages     : 4
>       Date      : 07/17/1996
>
>This document describes a payload format to be used to store compressed
>protocol messages within an IP packet which is using security features as
>defined in [RFC-1825].
>
>Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
>"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
>type "cd internet-drafts" and then
>     "get draft-thayer-seccomp-00.txt".
>A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
>ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-thayer-seccomp-00.txt
>
>Internet-Drafts directories are located at:
>
>     o  Africa
>        Address:  ftp.is.co.za (196.4.160.8)
>
>     o  Europe
>        Address:  nic.nordu.net (192.36.148.17)
>        Address:  ftp.nis.garr.it (193.205.245.10)
>
>     o  Pacific Rim
>        Address:  munnari.oz.au (128.250.1.21)
>
>     o  US East Coast
>        Address:  ds.internic.net (198.49.45.10)
>
>     o  US West Coast
>        Address:  ftp.isi.edu (128.9.0.32)
>
>Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.
>
>Send a message to:  mailserv@ds.internic.net. In the body type:
>     "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-thayer-seccomp-00.txt".
>
>NOTE: The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
>      MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
>      feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
>      command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
>      a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
>      exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
>      "multipart" MIME messages (i.e., documents which have been split
>      up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
>      how to manipulate these messages.
>
>For questions, please mail to Internet-Drafts@ietf.org
>

>Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
>implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
>of the Internet-Draft.
>
>ENCODING mime
>FILE /internet-drafts/draft-thayer-seccomp-00.txt

               Rodney Thayer <rodney@sabletech.com>       +1 617 332 7292
               Sable Technology Corp, 246 Walnut St., Newton MA 02160 USA
               Fax: +1 617 332 7970           http://www.shore.net/~sable
                           "Developers of communications software"