Re: Comments on ISAKMP/Oakley

 > At 07:39 AM 8/12/96 EDT, Mark S. Schneider wrote:
> >> From: Naganand Doraswamy <naganand@ftp.com>
> >>
> >> These are mostly implemetation type comments:
> >>
> >> 2.4.1. Security Association Payload
> >>    Is the "Payload Length" field *really* supposed to be specified in
> >>    four-octet units, or should it be in octets as all the other payloads
> >>    are?
> >>

> >  I believe it should be in octets.  It seems unlikely that a SA payload
> >  will ever be large enough to require a length in 4-octet units.
>
> IPv6 jumbograms?????
>
> Robert Moskowitz
> Chrysler Corporation
> (810) 758-8212

Bob,

Sorry for the confusion.  An SA (security association) payload is an ISAKMP
payload for negotiating security attributes and for indentifying the
domain of interpretation (DOI) and situation under which the negotiation is
taking place. So, the length field I'm referencing applies only to the contents
of this payload. I don't believe the representation of security attributes
supported by any one entity will exceed 64K octets.

Mark Schneider