Re: (IPng 2039) Re: IPv6 encryption requirement

My understanding of the IESG's decision is that both AH and ESP (and the
corresponding standards-track mandatory transforms, currently 1828 and 1829
but subject to change via normal IETF process) are mandatory for all IPv6
nodes.

The current RFCs and I-Ds are not sufficiently clear.  I plead guilty to the
lack of clarity.  I plan to fix this in the next set of I-D revisions.  If I
don't fix it in the next set of I-D revisions, I'm sure one or more folks will
send me a gentle reminder that I forgot to make those fixes. :-)

Ran
rja@cisco.com