Re: Idea: Prizes for protocol problems in key agreement

> Designs that invalidate Key Escrow  (in otherwords, escrow me all you want,
> it does no good)?

I'm not sure what you mean by this..  (use of ephemeral unescrowed DH
keys and session keys along with escrowed long-term signature keys?)

> Is this possible?  It seems that man in the middle attacks are all that is
> left to Key Escrow for some of these?

Either that, or individual transforms which escrow the session key
actually used..

> Is that adequate?  If the key escrowers see that they have to launch man in
> the middle attacks to see anything is this raising the cost enough to vastly
> limit its use?

Well, the protocol had better be immune to MITM attacks, at least
assuming there's a trustable certification path between the parties..
I see that as being covered by several of the problems in John's
original list.

	"Revealing session keys or parts thereof to observers or attackers"
	"Designs that are trivial to circumvent or bypass"
	"Enabling session keys to be forced to known or partly-known values"

I'll add one more of my own:

	"Failure to provide perfect forward secrecy for user
	identities (if user keying is involved)".

which is, of course, a slightly stronger form of the existing:

	"Revealing user identities to observers (if user keying is involved)"

					- Bill