Re: Will the real PFS please stand up?

> Date:          Thu, 29 Aug 1996 07:02:25 -0400
> To:            Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@apollo.hp.com>,

> Does this mean that an escrowing of J can yield j?  And thus escrowing is
> effective against SKIP PFS?  If so, this is unexceptable.  PFS must be
> immune to key escrowing.

No, escrowing of the long-term SKIP keys does not permit
wire-tapping exchanges protected by SKIP PFS. I assume
that this was your question?

(I am a little lost by your use of J and j, since J in
SKIP is identity, not a key, and therefore would not be
the information that would be escrowed).

> For those that are looking for NSA boogiemen everywhere, look carefully at
> this :)

Last time I checked, I didn't work for the NSA ;-)

Ashar.