Re: Replay protection with Manual keying

Naganand Doraswamy wrote:
> Are we right in saying that one should not use
> replay protection with manual keying?
>
> manual keying, the SA'a are static. The only way to avoid this is to keep
> track of the sequence number and make it persistent.
>
> Comments?

Right. This problem also appears in esp-stream-01, and we came to the same
conclusion. If you use replay protection, you rely on rather frequent (e.g.
once every 5 minutes) key changes to allow for resynchronisation. The
obvious alternative is not to do replay protection.

Friendly greetings,

	Germano