Re: Status of IPSEC Key Management

Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> > This is only if you do RSVP based on SPIs.  You can do RSVP based
> > on Master key IDs.
> I believe that the RSVP wanted a general mechanism, and not one tied
> to SKIP. Could you please accept that everyone on earth will not be
> using one key management facility and that the protocols must support
> this?
> Perry

Well, then let's get ahead with the current proposals, and move them on!
IMNSHO there are enough advocats for all of the current proposals, so lets
deploy the stuff and see what works. I do not remember SKIP as being
declared as the global solution to key management ever, quite on the
contrary. Others utter this claim much more readily.

And yes, I know we are all waiting for Jeff Schillers resolution on this
issue to appear. Altough this is a difficult task, I hope this will happen
soon.

Germano