Re: SKIP Design & Applicability Statement

>If the key-compromise is undiscovered, nothing prevents the
>attacker from using this second source of plaintext, and
>this is the case I was pointing out as the distinction
>between discovered and non-discovered key compromise.

Points well taken. Of course, having to use a stolen key to log into a
machine to retrieve plaintext carries a far greater risk of detection
than using a stolen key to decrypt some surreptitiously intercepted
ciphertext. I'm sure that NSA, for example, is far more likely to do
the latter than the former. :-)

Phil