Re: isakmp-05.txt

> 1. Why MUST all implementations of ISAKMP support the Internet DOI ?  We
> have a potential application that has nothing to do with thre Internet.

To be an ISAKMP implementation that is conformant with the upcoming IETF
standard for ISAKMP, you must implement the internet DOI.  But if you want
an implementation that does not do the Internet DOI, then you do not have
to implement it.  You just won't be compliant with the IETF spec.  You also
won't be able to interoperate with implementations doing only the Internet
DOI.  Interoperability is the reason for the "MUST".

Dave