Re: allocation of key material into keys

>Agreed.  Each SA/SPI instantiated by the key mgmt protocol needs to
>get a different, independant, blob of entropy.

Correct me if I am wrong. Jim Hughes draft on esp-des currently specifies
deriving the the keys for the Initiator and the Responder from the same
keying materail K. Are we suggesting here that we should be using different
keying materail or can we still use the same keying materail but change the
input to the hash algorithm by padding something.

--Naganand
naganand@ftp.com
Tel #: (508)684-6743 (O)