Re: independence of keying material for multiple transforms

Greg Troxel says:
> I'd like to concur with the notion expressed in a recent message that
> documents explicitly make the point that when raw keying material is
> used to generate blobs that whatever entropy was 'used' to generate
> this not be reused when generating another blob.

I don't think it's really necessary - but it depends on the
exposure of that "blob" in question.

> Or perhaps, that it
> should be computationally infeasible to determine information about
> any bit in blob A given the entire contents of blobs B,C,D.

Yes, this looks like the requirement needed and sufficient.

But again, it depends on "who knows that blob".
--
Regards,
Uri		uri@watson.ibm.com