RE: compression and encryption

We also run compression per packet.  We find that the compression easily
makes up for the encapsulation headers and other security overhead.  In fact
that is the specific reason we implemented it.  However, we don't get
anywhere near typical WAN compression rates.  Enabling histories to
include multiple packets would be very desirable.