Re[2]: compression and encryption

Text item:

I assume all these arguments apply equally well to the use of encryption
algorithms that rely on "history".

(Sorry, I've only recently been following the IPSEC mailing list) Are there
any proposals to use stream ciphers in IPSEC?

The n=1 case would be the equivalent of treating each packet as a separate
stream. Right now, I'm interested in audio/video streams (already compressed;
real-time operation). Re-transmit is not an option; but re-sync (of the
encryption algorithm) would be vital. For n>1, would it be possible to transmit
the stream offset in each packet to allow re-sync?