Re: Any work in IPsec multicast key management?

LUIS SAIZ GIMENO writes:
> I would like to know if there is some work in progress in
> multicast/anycast key management in this WG. Any idea about which
> kind of cryptographic protocol is suitable to be adopted?

The most recent mail I've seen about this on the list was from Ran on
Sept.9 ("Subject: FYI: Multicast Key Management documents") -- check
the archives. He mentions GKMP [Harney et al.] and RFC 1949 [Ballardie].

Ran Atkinson wrote on Sept. 9:
>>> I'm told that work is underway at several places (e.g. ORNL) on a
>>> PF_KEY-based freely distributable implementation of GKMP technology
>>> inside the ISAKMP framework.

The survey essay Secure Multicast [Pessi],
<http://www.nixu.fi/~pnr/netsec-lopulliset/3-0-multicast.html>,
is already rather out of date, but you might find the discussion of
an old version of SKIP (draft-...-skip-03) w.r.t. multicast to be
worth reading.

--
Lewis		http://www.cs.umass.edu/~lmccarth/lmkey.asc