discussing revised documents

Ran,

	The revisions to the architecture, AH and ESP specs raise some
important issues that the WG does not seem to have addressed.  While one
could raise these topics in the context of the mailing list, and hold off
until the spring IETF meeting to discuss them, after distribution of the
docuemnts, this creates the potential for editing and distributing
documents that contain proposals that the WG ultimately will decline to
adopt.  Some of the changes I refer to did appear in the most recent
versions of AH and ESP specs, and elicited no comments on the list.  Yet,
in looking at much of the traffic, it seems likely that most folks have not
noticed these changes (based on oft-cited assumptions).  This suggests that
we are not all reading the specs (no big surprize there), and that ongoing
implementation work will be out of synch with the specs.

	So, what I would like to do is spend a little time at the next
meeting to present two things:
	 - major changes that have already been cited in recent (published)
specs but which seem to have booen overlooked
	- proposed changes in the newest versions of the specs (that have
not made it through the editing and publication process), with an emphasis
on both the flavor of and rationale for the changes, as well as some details

Steve