RE: FW: tunnel mode

The reason that Tunnel/Transport attributes are required are due to the
fact that in our policy we may elect to dictate to our peer that they
must do tunnel mode (or transport mode).  Then our peer would not have
the ability to use its local policy to determine which mode it uses.

I beleive that some language stating that if no KEP tunnel attributes
are present in the SA, then it is up to the local policy to decide which
mode to use.  But if some tunnel mode attributes are present in the SA,
then the two communicating parties MUST use that mode when communicating
between themselfs.

i.e. If ISAKMP/Oakley contains tunnel mode attributes in the the aggreed
proposal, then both parties must utilize those attributes, if not then
then it is up to local policy.