Re: IPsec and TCP

>Could you imagine how popular TCP/IP would be today if 15 years ago
>the original designers said that you had to use hardware to get it
>to operate fast enough?

Well, yeah.  I was there, as a matter of fact.  No, the original
designers didn't state that you needed hardware assist to get
TCP/IP to go fast, but there were a lot of companies attempting
to get the TCP/IP processing to happen on a board (sometimes the
controller board(s) in an effort to make it run faster.

Way back, TCP wouldn't come anywhere *near* filling an 10Mbps Ethernet.

Then this nice guy named Van (and a few others through history)
turned the light on...

Jim