Reminder: Release 0.4 of my Linux IPSEC code is out.

A few days ago I released version 0.4 of my Linux IPSEC code. It can be found
in ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/unix/security/net/ip/.

New in this release is support for all the currently defined transforms; of
particular interest should be AH-HMAC-SHA1 and ESP-3DES-MD5.

Release 0.4 is by no means perfect; it still has to undergo a lot of work
before it can be something a nonexpert user can just install and have work
right out of the box. For that, I need your help. If you find bugs, please
report them; if you can provide a fix, so much the better. The documentation
file that comes with the release lists a whole bunch of areas that need work.
If you can work on any of these, please tell me so.

Please note that in some countries such as the USA, it is unlawful for a
citizen of that country to provide technical assistance "with the intent to
aid a foreign person in the development or manufacture outside the United
States" of
"Encryption Items". Also, in countries such as France, it is unlawful to even
use cryptography without notifying the authorities. Naturally, I don't expect
help from people in the USA or France, but there must be *some* people in the
rest of the world who can offer some!

/ji