Re: IPsec Straw Poll results

Great!  As one of the editors, I'm very happy that this has been resolved
and we can start moving forward.

There are 2 small issues that I'm still not quite clear on but here is
the direction I'm moving towards (and will probably be in the first cut of the
new drafts).  1) The fixed size 32 bit counter will be optional such that
if replay prevention is not supported the field will be zeroed and ignored
upon receipt - but *WILL* still be included in the HMAC calculation.  2) To
resolve the alignment problem, the HMAC Authentication data will be truncated
to 96 bits as suggested earlier by both Hugo Krawczyk and Bart Preneel.

Rob G.
rob.glenn@nist.gov