Re: TO COMPRESS OR NOT TO CMPRS (please reply)

>After reading my response, I think we're in violent agreement (I was just
>being needlessly unclear). I agree that using VJ header compression *does*
>provide a net benefit, both in conjunction with a payload compression

I point out that VJ TCP/IP header compression assumes in-order
delivery of the compressed packets. This is true over a point-to-point
link, but it is not necessarily true over the Internet as a whole. So
unless you're proposing that the IPSEC reorder packets, VJ header
compression is not an option there.

Phil