Re: How many algorithms per SA/Transform?

Naganand Doraswamy writes:
> At 02:06 PM 3/3/97 -0800, Dan McDonald wrote:
> >Hi folks!
> >
> >I've a question about algorithms per transform/SA.  The question is:
> >
> >	Will there realistically be more than one algorithm of a given
> >	type (i.e. 2 or more ENCRYPTION algorithms or 2 or more
> >	AUTHENTICATION algorithms) in a single security association?

>From the latest draft (draft-ietf-ipsec-arch-sec-01.txt), I understand
that that you should never have more than one transform per SA:

1.5 Security Association Management

        A single IPsec Security Association is a simplex (unidirectional)
   connection with which either AH or ESP (but not both) is employed.  If both
   AH and ESP protection is to be applied to a traffic stream, then two (or
   more) security associations are created to control processing of the
   traffic stream.

To me, this seems to be a clarifcation of RFC1825, and not a change in
intent.  Is this not the case?

ben

Follow-Ups: References: