Questions on the Security Arch. draft

     Hi.  I had a question on section 1.4 of the Security Architecture
     draft (draft-ietf-ipsec-arch-sec-01.txt).  Specifically, the draft
     says :

     "A security gateway which receives a datagram containing a
     recognised sensitivity label, for example IPSO [Ken91], from a trusted
     host MUST take that label's value into consideration when
     creating/selecting an Security Association for use with AH between the
     gateway and the external destination.  In such an environment, a
     gateway which receives a IP packet containing the IP Encapsulating
     Security Payload (ESP) should add appropriate authentication,
     including implicit (i.e. contained in the Security Association used)
     or explicit label information (e.g. IPSO), for the decrypted packet
     that it forwards to the trusted host that is the ultimate
     destination."

     I don't get the last part about the gateway adding authentication
     information for the decrypted packet.  Does this mean that the gateway
     uses the SA that it used to decrypt the packet, to generate the
     authentication info?  That really doesn't make sense to me since AH
     and ESP have separate SAs and also since any given security
     association is for use with one peer only.  Or, is it that the gateway
     has a security association with the trusted host and tunnels all the
     packets for that host using this SA?

     Thanks,

     Sumit A. Vakil
     Software Engineer