Re: Closing out the COMPRESSION discussion

As I mentioned in San Jose, Bill Sommerfeld's version of inline keying
is not at all what I mean.  What I mean is carrying an identifier in
the ESP header that can be hashed with a pre-established secret to
produce the unique key for the packet payload.  This can be done many
times to achieve uni-directional rekeying before security would demand
that the pre-established secret be changed.

I think the distinction is inline keys vs. inline key exchanges.

Hilarie

Follow-Ups: References: