Re: Proposed changes to ESP (andf a little AH too)

John Ioannidis says:
> I'm all in favour of doing the encryption first and the authentication
> after, so that on receipt we can authenticate before we receive, but
> wasn't there some cryptographic argument against that sort of thing?

The main argument against doing encryption first and auth second would
be - generally speaking there is no guarantee even if you verified the
CIPHERTEXT correctly,  that the PLAINTEXT finally obtained is the same
as was sent.
--
Regards,
Uri		uri@watson.ibm.com