RE: auditing

I agree with Ted.  I also agree with Mark.. The BCP idea is a good one.
I agree for all the various reasons listed.   The security of the base protocol
doesn't depend on it.   There are places were implementing auditing is
at best difficult and leaves implementations open to denial of service attacks.
Etc. etc.

Auditing is not a protocol issue. If we choose to make it a protocol issue,
we MUST spell out the details a lot more clearly than saying compliant
implementations have to audit this or that.   If we aren't willing to do that,
and I for one, am not willing, we SHOULD leave it as a SHOULD. The
implementors of the target implementation and finally the market place
will determine what MUST be done for auditing.

-Rob