Re: auditing

> > 	At a minimum, "auditable" means that an implementation MUST
> > 	provide a mechanism which securely records the fact that the
>                                          ^^^^^^^
> 	Dan Harkins suggests replacing "records" with "reports",
> 	which would permit network-based reporting to be substituted
> 	for local storage if appropriate in some implementation.

I don't have a problem with this change to my amendment..

Note that as worded, a single counter per event (or perhaps a
(counter,timestamp) pair) could conceivably be considered a minimal,
but compliant, implementation of "auditing".  I don't think this is an
extreme burden, but it may be too minimalistic for some..

>   I have also heard a private suggestion that maybe some of the
> auditing material might be moved into the "Security Considerations"
> section.  That wouldn't bother me, though I will observe that verbage
> anywhere in the RFC is equally binding on implementations.

Hmm.  I think that a statement that a given exceptional condition is
an "auditable event" should be right next to the defintion of the
exceptional condition.  There could be a (redundant) complete list of
auditable events in an appendix or in the security considerations
section..

					- Bill