Re: IPSec MIB

> From: Uri Blumenthal <uri@watson.ibm.com>
> Angelos D. Keromytis says:
> > a) this is useful mostly for debugging (-> development)
> > b) why open a potential hole there if it's not going to be used by
> >    your every-day user/admin/whoever
>
> You might be surprised, but most OTHER vendors do have bugs
> in their code, and systems do get misconfigured more often
> than not. Thus, "debugging" isn't only done by the vendor
> quality control - but often by the customers as well.

Gentlefolk, in my experience, it has been a long standing policy of the
network management area that protocol debugging and development
variables are _not_ appropriate for MIBs.

I expect that IESG integration of management with operations should make
that even more clear.

WSimpson@UMich.edu
BSimpson@MorningStar.com