Re: PMTU/DF issues

William,

>>> From: Karen Seo <kseo@bbn.com>
>>> 		a) send the PMTU information to all 3 hosts.  As you
>>> 		   observed, H1 and H2 aren't the intended recipients
>>> 		   for the PMTU information and won't know what to do
>>> 		   with it.
>>>
>>This would be the wrong thing to do.  Be conservative in what you send.

	(Apologies for missing this part of your message in my previous
	reply...)  Good point.  This is what the Appendix is trying to
	say.  Just to clarify... the above option was included for
	completeness.  In cases where the security gateway cannot
	determine the originating source, the Appendix recommends the
	that the security gateway "hold the PMTU information until
	another too-big packet arrives and then use that packet and the
	PMTU information to construct a ICMP PMTU for the originating
	host (H0).

Thanks again,
Karen