Re: Comments on draft-ietf-ipsec-new-auth-00.txt

Angelos,

	Larger window sizes are multiples of 32, so the term "arbitrary"
may be no more appropriate for them as it is for the base size of 32.
Recall that we chose 32 mostly because of the ability to do efficient
window management in a 32-bit machine, which is sort of arbitrary, right?
There is no requirement for a receiver to support anything other than 32,
so I'm not sure what (non-local) burden is implied if a receiver does
choose to support bigger windows.  However, if the Wg wants to mandate
support for ONLY a fixed set of window sizes, maybe 32 and 64 would suffice.

Steve

Follow-Ups: References: