Re: ESP revisions straw poll

In message <v03007808af9f923adfb8@[128.89.30.23]>, Stephen Kent writes:

>	I don't mean to say your vote (well, maybe I do ;-)), but could you
>briefly describe your reason for voting against encryptionless ESP?

Certainly; for one, i don't see the point. I don't think it's that much
of a performance gain over straight AH. Second, it's yet another
option, so yet another place where things can go wrong in an
implementation.

Finally (and most importantly), do we really want to allow some form
of authentication where the IP header (the addresses) is *not*
authenticated ? I believe we don't, but perhaps there is some reason
for it ?
-Angelos

Follow-Ups: References: