Re: ESP revisions straw poll

> From: Charles Lynn <clynn@bbn.com>
> Speaking of running code, does anyone have operational experience on
> how well Path MTU discovery works?  It has been standardized for a
> long time.

Yes.  Since Apple installed OpenTransport on several million machines
the past 6 months, I've been getting much nicer packet sizes from many
servers, including the mail server indicated above.

They didn't get Karns' algorithm, or Nagles' algorithm, or slow start,
or TCP PSH, or any number of other details correct, but they do seem to
have Path MTU working....

Now, if we could only get all those old SunOS and BSD 4.2 machines
upgraded....

WSimpson@UMich.edu
BSimpson@MorningStar.com