Re: ESP revisions straw poll

> From: Stephen Kent <kent@bbn.com>
>       So, let's assume the end of this week is the closing date, thus
> having about a two-week interval for votes.  Also, private votes count too.
> I criticized Ran privately for this practice in the past, and now I
> understand his rationale, i.e., I have received a few votes in favor of
> encryptionless ESP that were not made public because of fear of getting
> pilloried on this list.  It's unfortunate that we have a deserved
> reputation for such animosity on this list.

Private "votes" do _NOT_ count.  Ever.  They are not part of the record.
When the "process" is examined, in the IESG or in court, the private
messages will be meaningless.

You want to come to the dance, you have to pay the piper.  And that
means public position statements are publicly rebutted, fragile egos
not-with-standing.

WSimpson@UMich.edu
BSimpson@MorningStar.com