Re: eliminate AH

"C. Harald Koch" <chk@utcc.utoronto.ca> wrote:
> In message <c=US%a=_%p=GTE%l=NDHM06-970523152551Z-7228@ndhm06.ndhm.gtegsc.com>, "Waterhouse, Richard" writes:
> > ISAKMP is supposed to be for more general use than just negotiating IP
> > security. Yet I can detect no trace of any effort to coordinate its
> > use it with any of the other Internet security mechanisms. Is there
> > any such effort underway that is simply not visible to me ?
>
> If we had:
>
> 	- a STABLE standard
> 	- running code
>
> I'm sure many of the other security people would adopt it.
>
> Since we have neither, they're busy inventing their own.

  Do you have any constructive comments on how to make the standard STABLE?
What makes it un-STABLE? I and quite a few others have been able to code
independent interoperable implementations from the existing docs in spite
of its few known inconsistencies and issues open to interpretation. If you
haven't please share your problems with others.

  You want running code? Visit
	http://www.cisco.com/public/library/isakmp/isakmp.html

answer the questions and it's yours. Once I get the OK I'll be releasing
version 7 compliant code (yes it exists, yes it's interoperated with other
independent implementations); what's there is version 6.

  And to answer Richard: yes, there is movement but its just not visible yet.

  Dan.

Follow-Ups: References: