draft-simpson-esp-des1-v2-00.txt to Draft Standard

This is an update of RFC-1829 to comport with the recent format
decisions of the group.  Although this is a subset of the previous
bits-on-the-wire, this subset was required to be supported (32 bit field
following the SPI), so there should not be any change in
interoperability.

This document covers only the following:

     Individual Transform documents would provide definitions for how the
     Opaque Payload Data is defined and would cover any needed fields
     including:
      - Initialization Vector
      - Payload Data
      - Padding
      - Payload Type

There is a complete list of changes in the document, mostly editorial.

4 year diversion, and I added the acknowledgement and references.

Jeff Schiller (the Security Area Director) has indicated that:
    RFC-1829 is the product of the IPSEC working group. It is for the
    working group to decide whether or not to advance it. I will happily
    act upon a recommendation of the working group as communicated to me
    by the chair.

As interoperability has been demonstrated between 2 or more
implementations, I ask that this document be immediately forwarded
(within a few days) to the Area Director for advancement to Draft
Standard.

Then, the IESG will issue the 2 week IETF Last Call.  By that time, we
should have no problem compiling a more comprehensive list of
interoperable implementations.

WSimpson@UMich.edu
BSimpson@MorningStar.com