Re: IPSEC AH -- document

Marc,

	Yes, I meant exit!  And yes, we agree that a suitably high level
BITS IPsec could deal with the problem, but a device driver level
implementation would have difficulties.  The major motivation for BITS
implementations is backward compatability, as you noted, so relying on
hooks in the IP implementation seems questionable.  Still, I think we agree
that a warning to implementors about the subtilties of BITS and BITW
transport mode is OK, just so long as we don't suggest that such
implementation ought not support this mode.   I have already modified the
text in the AH and ESP I-Ds to accommodate suhc wording, but mayeb moving
it to the arch document is preferable (as it is a common problem).  I'm
flexible.

Steve