Re: DOI and isakmp-oakley questions

>The DOI talks about key lifetimes computed "under" an ESP or AH SA,
>noting that derived keys must expire at the same time.  I don't
>understand what this means ... keys are computed under an ISA/Oak SA,
>not an ESP SA, aren't they?  What does the text mean?

Hilarie,

The only reference I can find to "under" in the latest draft is in the
discussion of SA lifetimes:

      SA Life Type
      SA Duration

	Specifies the time-to-live for the overall security
	association.  When the SA expires, all keys negotiated
	under the association (AH or ESP) must be renegotiated
	regardless of the time-to-live remaining for the keys.

I don't understand what a key lifetime "under" an ESP or AH SA would mean
either, so if it said that in the past, I must have fixed it.  If there's a
more specific section you think needs to be cleaned up that I missed,
either post it here or email it to me directly.

Thanks,

Derrell