Re: eliminate AH -- unanimous

Before the WG eliminates the AH, we must remember that there are other
protocols being developed that rely on the AH option, specifically Mobile
IP.  Mobile IP control messages (Registration Request, Reg. Reply, BInd
Update, Agent Advertisements, etc.)  all rely on IP AH to provide
authentication.  If AH is dropped then Mobile IP will be forced to
implement its own form of AH mechanism.

At 02:05 PM 5/30/97 GMT, you wrote:
>Based on the responses to this list over the past week, it appears that
>the WG is unanimous that AH will be eliminated as redundant.
>
>That will vastly simplify operations, implementations, documentation and
>configuration.
>
>Welcome back, swIPe!
>
>WSimpson@UMich.edu
>    Key fingerprint =  17 40 5E 67 15 6F 31 26  DD 0D B9 9B 6A 15 2C 32
>BSimpson@MorningStar.com
>    Key fingerprint =  2E 07 23 03 C5 62 70 D3  59 B1 4F 5E 1D C2 C1 A2

Follow-Ups: References: