Re: eliminate AH -- unanimous

At 02:05 PM 5/30/97 GMT, William Allen Simpson wrote:
>Based on the responses to this list over the past week, it appears that
>the WG is unanimous that AH will be eliminated as redundant.

I will not weigh in on this until around June 9th.  This is after I have
had a chance to review the implications of this with vendors that have
implemented all of this work.  I need to have a serious review of the
various pros and cons.  I have spoken with a number of people, but am not
ready to voice my industry's position.

BTW, it seems that redundancy is the norm in IETF.  Plus what about
'security in depth' ???

Robert Moskowitz
Chrysler Corporation
(810) 758-8212