Re: eliminate AH -- unanimous

Dan McDonald writes:
> ESP, even if only used encryptionless is "encryption enabling" technology,
> and falls under close export-control scrutiny.  AH does not, and can be slid
> out the door with relative ease.

I have heard this now several times, and am puzzled by it.  We sell an
AH+ESP product, and had no problem at all getting export approval for
ESP with 40-bit DES keys.  All we had to do was make our product so
that export versions can't be retrofitted to support >40 bit
encryption.
--
Karl Fox, servant of God, employee of Ascend Communications
655 Metro Place South, Suite 370, Dublin, Ohio  43017   +1 614 760 4041